Accounting Assistant – Position Currently Filled
Location: Walpole, MA
Type: N/A – Position Filled
Reports To: Controller
Our ideal candidate should have one year of Accounts Payable experience in a fast- paced environment, the ability to research and resolve invoice discrepancies, a working knowledge of Sage or other accounts payable invoicing software, and a can-do attitude.
Individuals who apply for this position must be driven to succeed and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Our ideal candidate is self-motivating and ready to benefit from a rewarding compensation plan and fulfilling team environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Experience with matching of purchase orders.
- Use of Sage software for client invoices.
- Resolve pricing discrepancy issues with purchasing department.
- Respond to inquiries from vendors and employees in a timely manner.
- Reconcile vendor statements and resolve any discrepancies.
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date filing system for all accounts payable records and job folders for vendor invoices.
- Match up checks to invoices and prepare for mailing.
- You will be involved in weekly team meetings to discuss cash requirements and any unresolved vendor issues.
- Collaborate with the team to process monthly invoices.
- Notify invoicing accountant of any changes to be made on outgoing invoices based on changes in our costs.
- Support the finance department with analysis, reporting, projects, and ad hoc requests.
- Answer all phone calls, determining purpose of the call, providing information, or taking action as appropriate and forwarding when necessary to proper staff person.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- One or more years of accounts payable experience
- ERP systems experience understanding and knowledge, Sage experience would be ideal
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Efficient communication skills aptitude for math, proficiency with computers
- All prospective employees must pass a background check, pre-employment drug test and be authorized to work in the U.S.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
- Voluntary group medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
This job description/posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Blueport, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Click below to send your resume to our HR department. Please include the job position in the subject line.