CFO/Controller – Position Currently Filled
Location: Walpole, MA
Type: N/A – Position Filled
Reports To: CEO/Board of Directors
We are looking for an experienced CFO to perform effective risk management and plan the organization’s financial strategy. It is a very important and complex role since an organization can only survive if it actively investigates and safeguards its finances. The CFO/Controller will handle high-level accounting, managerial accounting, and oversee the financial activities of the company managing the entire financial department of the business.
Candidate must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and be comfortable working with and vetting commercial financial systems.
The goal is to protect the company’s revenues and profits to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth leveraging human resource, software and services to efficiently achieve these goals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for Blueport’s Accounting functions including but not limited to cost analysis and payables. Responsible for the development and maintenance of financial reporting, planning and budgeting systems.
- Oversees the preparation of periodic reporting and required legal/bank filings.
- Oversees Payroll
- Oversees accounts payable and weekly vendor payments.
- Oversees accounts receivable and corporate invoicing.
- Overseeing financial systems implementations and upgrades.
- GL maintenance.
- Monthly reporting of management prepared financials with complete synopsis write-up.
- Sales tax filings.
- Working with outside firm on yearly review.
- Workers comp audits.
- Annual insurance review and audits.
- Cash flow analysis.
- Some state and federal tax filings for affiliated companies.
- Ensures that all corporate and required accounting policies, internal controls and procedures are defined, documented and followed.
- Ensure compliance with the law and company policies.
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting and finance staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of GAAP
- All prospective employees must pass a background check, pre-employment drug test and be authorized to work in the U.S.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
- Voluntary group medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
This job description/posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Blueport, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Click below to send your resume to our HR department. Please include the job position in the subject line.