Network Operating Center (NOC) Technician
Location: Walpole, MA
Compensation: Based on experience
We are seeking a NOC Technician with successful technical experience. This individual is responsible for handling tickets that have escalated beyond initial troubleshooting, proactively monitoring equipment, performing updates and configuration changes, and maintaining equipment documentation. A steadfast “get the job done” attitude and passion for customer service is a requirement. We provide 24/7 service to our customers; therefore, we have available positions for all shifts.
Individuals who apply for this position must be driven to succeed and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Our ideal candidate is self-motivating and ready to benefit from a rewarding compensation plan and fulfilling team environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure completion of escalated tickets.
- Troubleshoot network issues and determine root cause.
- Proactively monitor equipment and address problems as they arise.
- Perform configuration changes per customer or project requests.
- Perform updates to equipment.
- Maintain documentation of equipment and configurations.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Assist with documenting procedures for both internal and external use.
- Experience with PBX systems a plus.
- Be part of an on-call rotation.
- Possible weekend rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals
- IP addresses, Subnetting, VLANs
- HP Switch CLI
- Cisco Switch CLI
- Wireless network fundamentals
- Pre-employment CORI, background check and drug test is required
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
- Voluntary group medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
This job description/posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Blueport, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Click below to send your resume to our HR department. Please include the job position in the subject line.